Monday, September 18, 2006

Tribeca Statue


P5140494
Originally uploaded by wwhaus.

This is a picture of a statue I walk by after getting off the Franklin street subway stop on my way to eat at Bubby's.
When my mom and dad were in New York City visiting my mom took the picture because a friend we were with was being funny and pointed it out as the original, or practice model of the Statue of Liberty. My mom played along like she believed the nonsence. It was smart on her part, because since she was also pretending to be excited about such a find, she was able to get an otherwise unwilling group to pose around the statue. (But that is another picture.)
As for Bubby's,it is good southern eatin'. Even my father, who knows his eggs and bisquits and syrup, enjoyed the meal. Bubby's, it is good southern eatin'. Even my father, who knows his eggs and bisquits and syrup, enjoyed the meal.

No comments: