Monday, May 18, 2009

Was that an earthquake, or is this burger THAT good?

Sunday night, 9pm-ish, my friend in La Jolla, California says he was eating an In-N-Out burger while watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."

In the midst of the movie, he says the couch started to sway. "It felt like I was sitting on a couch that was moving with a cool wave. I thought that it was my in 'n' out burger that got the best of me."

The earthquake that hit California Sunday, measuring 4.7 in the Los Angeles area, is said to have been felt as far away as San Diego county, which contains La Jolla.


My friend, who is originally from the New York City area, says that where he was it was more like a 3.0. To help me better understand what a 3.0 earthquake would feel like eating a burger watching a funny movie, my friend says to imagine sitting on the couch and all of a sudden Mena jumps up next to me. But a light jump.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Willamena looks surprisingly powerful from the back.

michael said...

We very rarly have an earthquake in the uk, I know its a terrible thing to say but i would love to experience one