Sunday, October 04, 2009


I love that trees in Central Park are labeled. I can stop and look at them and know who they are and where they came from. I thought it was great the other day in Connecticut when I noticed some trees near the Bruce Museum in Greenwich were labeled as well. I started telling my friend Dwight about how I love reading labels on trees when I noticed, I was labeled. We had been at a media event, and not only did I still have my name tag on, I was labeled "New 12" instead of "News 12."
But this also reminded me of another time I had a label- and so here is the story of not just being labeled, but of where we put those labels.


If you watched the video, you heard about how I left a news conference with a name tag on, but how my photographer reminded me to take it off before shooting a stand-up. I'm not going to litter, so I pulled the sticker off my chest and put it on my back-side. Of course people walking by had to let me know I had something on my....

AND that story reminds me of a Halloween a few years earlier. As morning anchor, I like to have a costume, but I can't wear it all morning long, I mean, I am a serious journalist. So that year, I wore a white suit, brought along bunny ears, tail and a duster. I was a "dust bunny." Get it?

So we took some pictures for the blog. My photographer was supposed to remind me to take off the tail, but wouldn't you know it, we got called out to breaking news and I'm running around asking people what happened. I couldn't understand why they all kept telling me how much they liked my suit.

Finally I turned to 'not face' my photographer and asked, I took that tail off, right?
"Umm, NO."

Good thing Halloweeen is a Saturday this year and I'm not working!

1 comment:

sauerkraut said...

Now, that is funny!

Better hope you don't end up on Heff's wish list.