Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm often stressed over managing time and money. The bills pile up on the desk next to the computer. Not that I don't have the money, but to actually sit down and figure out all the passwords to access my accounts so I pay them is the time killer.
I really try not to let that happen often. But it does sometimes. The last time I didn't pay a bill on time is because I could not access my account. I tried calling customer service but got tired of sitting through menus and being on hold.
I estimate that the time spent trying to pay that bill was worth a hundred bucks. That is some fee.
Besides, what is money without time to enjoy it?
I found what I consider the best description of wealth on the blog of a civil engineer,
dbreakfast.com.

How do I define Wealth: I define wealth as an abundance of life, resources, and material possessions. A wealthy person in my mind is someone who has the time to be spouse, parent, sibling, or mate, live their life on their terms, manages to have an extra dollar in his/her pocket, and has set aside an estate for their heirs. Money is not wealth, what money buys can lead to wealth. Living by principal and honor also leads to wealth.

Notice abundance of life and resources comes before material possessions.
We feel so exhillarated when we purchase a new gadget. A new suit. A new camera. But before long the same old craving feeling creeps back in. Investing in life and resources first just might fill that hole.

2 comments:

TravelNotes said...

It's a shame 'Mena' can't py the bills for you.

TravelNotes said...

Shame I can't edit comments either. Of course, I meant to type 'pay'.

:(